Skip to main content

If only Christmas Calories didn't count!

Hey Guys, Hope you all had a great Christmas and ate lots and lots of chocolate! It is a time to indulge after all. But more importantly I hope it was well spent with family and friends! 2018 has been a good year for me and now I am looking forward to 2019 and I am optimistic about what it has to bring. Between my studies, my badminton and my coaching it is sure to be an exciting year. 

Anyway back to the topic of Christmas... I don't know about you but I for one know that I ate too much food these past few days... And what better way to burn them off than some simple exercises? In this post I am going to give you guys 8 simple ways to burn off those Christmas calories!

For any of you gym goers, you will be sure to enjoy this...


8 ways to burn Christmas Calories:
  1. 100g Roast Turkey (101 calories) = 8 minutes of skipping 
  2. One mince pie (200 calories) = Rower for 30 minutes
  3. 150g slice of cheesecake (440 calories) = Between 63 and 82 minutes of walking
  4. 1 individual chocolate ( 75 calories) = 4 minutes of burpees
  5. 50g of Christmas pudding (140 calories) = Cross-trainer for 24 minutes
  6. 1 small gingerbread man (45 calories) = Star jumps for 5 minutes
  7. 1 cup of stuffing (356 calories) = 40 minutes of boxercise
  8. 100g Cooked Ham ( 145 calories) = Roughly 35-40 minutes of badminton
If only Christmas calories didn't count eh...

Anyway, I don't know about you but I am certainly back on track to getting rid of any overindulges over the Christmas period. The new year springs a busy period of badminton tournaments in the lead up to the Irish National Championships so there is certainly no time to waste.

Hopefully you found some light in this post and that it can help you get rid of those extra few calories. As always please feel free to share my posts and leave a comment with any questions or new post ideas that I haven't done before! Let me know in the comments. Thanks for the support guys.

Talk soon,
Kate.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Warm ups 101

Hey guys, welcome back to my blog. For this post I am going to talk about how we should warm up before a training session and I will also give you an example of my warm ups. Hope you enjoy! Warm ups in my opinion are a vital component of training. Every athlete,in every sport should do a warm up. The point behind warming up is that it gradually warms up our body temperature which decreases risk of injury. Skipping a warm up completely can be extremely detrimental not only to your performance but you can also pick up an injury easily because your muscles aren't warm. A warm up should last roughly 15-20 minutes. Dr Ian Jeffreys developed the framework RAMP protocol which allows for activities to be easily classified into a warm-up sequence. 1. R aise 2. A ctivate and M obilise 3. P otentiate (or performance) Phase 1: Raise The aim of the raise phase is to increase our body temperature, heart rate, respiration rate, blood flow and joint viscosity. This first section of t

National's Week!

So, as many of you know my sport is badminton and this weekend is the Irish National Championships. I go into the weekend after some good results at the weekend in Essex where I played on the Leinster senior team against Essex and Ulster. Beating Ulster 7-4 and Essex 6-5, this leaves us second in the table going into the final weekend which is in March where we will hope to qualify for the play-offs for promotion to England's top league. With National's this weekend, I have been very focused and excited to play after being selected to represent Ireland at the European Women's team championships in 10 days time. So I am really looking forward to this weekend and my preparation has been going well. Leading up to a tournament I try not to put too much stress on my body while still training at the same time. Looking after your body is a crucial factor in being able to perform at the highest level in competition. This includes diet, sleep and training. Eating a balanced, healt

How to get a 6 pack?!?

Hey guys, for this post I will talk a little bit about training our abs and how we should do this. It is something quite interesting that a lot of people tend to be misinformed about.  When we look to tone our abs and get that 'summer body' that we all want we tend to go straight into working the ab muscles only by doing sit ups and crunches. However, research has found that directly training our abs like this is not what makes our abs more defined. Unless you are very lean and your ab muscles are under-developed. Working the abs only does not make them show better! This is a huge myth because we cannot just work the muscle and expect the fat to be spot-reduced. That's not how the body works unfortunately.  If toned abs is what you are looking for then you should try focus on a diet specifically for fat loss around your waist. Your abs are there, they just happen to be covered by a layer of fat so a fat loss diet around the waist may be something that could wor